Simple Summer Quinoa Salad
What better way to start the summer off at our market than with a tasty quinoa salad!
PREP TIME: 30 MINUTES
SERVING SIZE: SIX
2 tbsp coconut oil
2 small zucchinis, chopped
1 large onion, diced
4 cloves of garlic, minced
2 medium tomatoes, diced
1 pint grape tomatoes, quartered
1 cup white quinoa
2 cups water
1 tbsp dried Italian seasoning
1 tbsp dried basil
Salt & pepper, to taste
Heat coconut oil in a deep skillet or wok over medium heat
- Add onions, garlic, zucchini and saute until onions are translucent
- Add the regular tomato, quinoa, water, salt, Italian seasoning and basil and let cook for about 15 minutes or until the quinoa is translucent with a white ring around it. Keep it covered, but stir every couple minutes to prevent it from sticking to the bottom
- Add the grape tomatoes and cook an additional 5 minutes then remove from heat and add black pepper to your tastes!
- Adding black pepper at the very end gives a great fresh crunch of flavor to the dish
- If you use fresh basil instead of dry, add it at the end instead of during cooking!