Warm Strawberry Compote
What is better than a warm strawberry compote to start your day?
PREP TIME: thirty minutes
SERVING SIZE: TWO
- 3 c berries of your choice, roughly chopped
- 1/4 c fresh sage or mint, finely chopped
- Juice of 2-3 lemons
- Sugar, to taste (usually 1-2 tbsp)
- Dash salt
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- Cook down first 5 ingredients for 15-20 minutes until nice and syrupy, adding small amounts of water as needed.
- Stir in chia seeds after taking the mixture off the heat.
- Serve warm over whatever you’d like: pancakes, waffles, oatmeal, cookies, crackers, or wherever your imagination brings you!