Tofu Fried Rice
Try a vegan healthy alternative to your fast food favorite!
PREP TIME: forty MINUTES
SERVING SIZE: four
- 1 cup uncooked brown or white rice
- 2 cups water
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1/2 block tofu, cut into small pieces
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 cup vegetable broth
- 1/2 squash (any kind), diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, smashed
- 3 – 4 hot peppers, diced
- 1 head broccoli, cut into small florets
- 1 carrot, julienned
- 2 – 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 cup green beans, cut into small pieces
- Put the rice, water, and vinegar in a rice cooker or in a saucepan to cook until tender and all water has been absorbed.
- Toss the tofu in the cornstarch.
- Add it to a pan with the preheated oil on medium heat.
- Cook until the tofu is golden and crispy then add the veggies and the veggie broth.
- Stir until all veggies are fully cooked then add the cooked rice and soy sauce.
- Serve and enjoy!