Lasagna Pasta Salad
This layered salad is a fun way to present a classic pasta salad for a family meal or a covered dish dinner. Instead of tomato sauce, the salad has a tomato-vinaigrette dressing and fresh tomatoes. use vegetables of your choice between the noodle layers.
PREP TIME: TEN MINUTES
SERVING SIZE: fifteen
- sliced tomatoes or cherry tomatoes, halved
- thin bite size slices of peppers, zucchini, cucumber (your choice)
- diced red onion or sliced green onions
- chard, kale, spring mix, romaine or other greens (mix or match) torn into salad size
- 1/2 cup pitted sliced black olives
- fresh parsley or basil
- grated parmesan or romano cheese
- 1 cup tomatoes of your choice, chopped
- 1/4 cup red onion
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, minced or 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp each, salt and pepper
- Line a 9 x 13″ lasagne dish with 3 of the lasagna noodles, overlapping slightly to fit bottom of pan.
- Evenly sprinkle 1/3 of prepared vegetables, olives and herbs over bottom layer.
- Drizzle 1/4 dressing over vegetables, sprinkle with grated cheese. Cover with three more noodles.
- Repeat to create three layers of vegetables. Cover top with last three noodles. Spread remaining dressing evenly over top layer of noodles. Finish with grated cheese sprinkled over top.
- May be refrigerated before serving, or keeps well in refrigerator in covered pan if transporting.
- To serve, cut into squares as for lasagna. Remove to plates with spatula.