Cherry Tomato & Ground Cherry Salsa
Add a spin to your salsa game by switching it up with some ground cherries.
PREP TIME: 15 minutes
SERVING SIZE: Three-Four Cups
- 2 cups of cherry tomatoes from Cook’s Farm, cut into quarters
- 1 cup of ground cherries from Campbell’s Herb N’ Veggie Patch cut in half
- 1/3 cup red onion from Cook’s Farm, finely chopped
- 1 clove of garlic from Cook’s Farm, minced
- 2 tbs of minced red chili
- 1/2 cup of finely chopped fresh cilantro from Campbell’s Herb N’ Veggie Patch
- 3 tbs of fresh lime juice
- 1 tbs of extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 tsp of cumin
- A pinch of kosher salt
- A pinch of freshly ground black pepper
- Sweet peppers sliced from Salt Springs Farm. Use these if you like your salsa to be on the sweeter side.
- Jalapeno Peppers sliced from Matwiches Berry Farm. Add as much as you’d like depending on how spicy you’d like it.
- Combine tomatoes, ground cherries, onion, garlic and cumin into a bowl.
- Drizzle lime juice and olive oil over the top, folding over a few times to evenly distribute it through the mixture. Can be served immediately or chilled.
- Tastes great when served with tortilla chips, fish or chicken.